Meet your Physics Parents!
GET CHAOS MEMBERSHIP:https://goo.gl/tRWhzf
Sign up to The Parenting Scheme here!
For prospective parents:
Kick off the new year with one of Bristol Physic's best traditions, The Chaos Parenting scheme! Sign up on the links above and Chaos will provide you with a "Physics Family". Families usually consist of 2-3 older students/parents and 3-4 freshers/ children and are an informal mentoring service where you can meet your course mates and hear what it's really like studying at Bristol! They can advise you on who the best lecturers are, where the best pubs are and so much more.
Please sign up to the scheme by FRIDAY 21st SEPTEMBER
WHEN: 4pm, 26th September (after the freshers intro talk)
WHERE: Powell Lecture Theatre, The Physics Building (Then The Berkeley Spoons for drink with your new family)
More reasons to get a Physics Parent:
- First year can be a bit of a jump from A-levels, and your "parents" have been there and done that.
- Struggling with a problem sheet? No idea how much to write in your lab book? Chaos parents are second and third years, so they can give support and advice about the course.
- Moving to a new city, with new people and places can also be daunting. Chaos parents can be really useful to ease the transition into student life.
- Chaos host popular "family" events which quickly break the ice. Also, after a couple of years in Bristol, your parents should know all the best pubs/clubs/restaurants by now! So feel free to ask about anything not academic too.
- Chaos is committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment from the very start. Sometimes other students are just easier to talk to than staff.
- While the parenting scheme isn't an official support service, Chaos parents can signpost to Bristol University's existing support services