Hey everyone! We hope you’re as excited as us for term to start, but before all of that we’d like to make sure you don't miss out on our parenting scheme. Here are the forms you need to fill in if you want to get involved with your very own physics family:
For prospective children: http://bit.ly/2xQsmmG
For prospective parents: http://bit.ly/2wHoQMO
For the Facebook event click here.
"But why should I sign up for a physics family?" (says you, maybe)
Some compelling reasons for freshers to sign up:
- First year can be a bit of a jump from A-levels, and your "parents" have been there and done that.
- Struggling with a problem sheet? No idea how much to write in your lab book? Chaos parents are second and third years, so they can give support and advice about the course.
- Moving to a new city, with new people and places can also be daunting. Chaos parents can be really useful to ease the transition into student life.
- Chaos host popular "family" events which quickly break the ice. Also, after a couple of years in Bristol, your parents should know all the best pubs/clubs/restaurants by now! So feel free to ask about anything not academic too.
- Chaos is committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment from the very start. Sometimes other students are just easier to talk to than staff.
- While the parenting scheme isn't an official support service, Chaos parents can signpost to Bristol University's existing support services